Saturday, August 6, 2011

WTF Non-Compromisers! Are You Happy Now?!

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/business/us-debt-downgraded-by-sp.html?_r=1&hp">S&P Downgrades America's Debt</a>

The financial implications of this aren't clear yet. But one thing is clear: this crap could have been avoided!

Were the political points worth the downgrade of our country's debt rating? Some jerks would probably answer yes. Sigh. I'm moving to France.

I would love to go live in Europe for at least a year after my fiance and I finish grad school. I wonder if I have a baby there with dual citizenship, if I can move there to take my kid "home" when America has slid a little further into decline and is no longer a great place to live...

Image via <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/business/us-debt-downgraded-by-sp.html?_r=1&hp">nytimes.com / credit: Scott Ellis/Bloomberg News
These people, this business, they did what they had to do. It's no one's fault, or wait, yes it is! All these folks should have done better. Every single one of you who refused to speak with maturity and clarity and logic. It's all your fault, those who stood by and only complained without ever offering a viable solution.

“The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government’s medium-term debt dynamics,” it said.
That quote points out the big "DUH" that occurred to me when this deal was signed. This deal sucks. I know it, Paul Krugman knows it, and Obama knows it. If this is really the best we can do, I'm going to downgrade my belief in our government.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...