Monday, June 20, 2011

Lupe Fiasco Is A Douche

I've been saying this since Obama was first running for the Democratic nomination in 2008.

People were always surprised that I wasn't a fan of Lupe as a person because I'm a fan of his music and his reputation as a "conscious rapper" (of sorts) gave him a better reputation. That better reputation makes people assume that he's informed on politics and has an opinion worth listening to.

I've been feeling like he's completely full of crap for 3 years now. I think finally now everyone gets it. If they don't yet, I'm not sure how else I can explain my position.

What happened to make me feel like others can understand just how much of a douche Lupe Fiasco really is? This uninformed idiot has really gone and done it now. The article is titled "Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a 'Terrorist'".

WTF, Lupe? Back in 2008, he was spouting some mess about how Hilary would make a better president than Obama. I could totally understand that statement with good reasoning but his reasoning was simply because she was a woman and had proximity to the White House while Bill was there. Nothing about her experience as a leader, or long-track record of getting things done. Nope, it was all about anatomy and proximity. Dumbass.

But this diss towards Obama is just ridiculous. In these times, there are waaaay better candidates for the title he's bestowing upon Obama. Gaddafi ring a bell?

Once again, Lupe is amazing me with his ability to sound so incredibly uninformed that I'm convinced he doesn't actually read the news, he just listens to old recordings of Bill O'Reilly. Yeah, I went there.

If it were up to me, he would lose his conscious rapper label. No one who is conscious could possibly come to this conclusion. Even the most right-wing nutzoids aren't saying this. Not after all the uprisings across Africa, Asia, and Europe.

Sure he puts political stuff in his lyrics, but he's a jerk of the first kind. He's always complaining about the way things are, but he doesn't bother to try and change it. He doesn't even vote. And America's foreign policies are bad, yes, but they don't compare to what the leaders of these countries the terrorists come from are doing.

What a douche!

2 comments:

USMC Grunt said...

I soo agree man, I really like his music but then he goes out and does this. I think the main problem with Lupe is that he falls into the category of PHA, people Hating America. I am a US citizen but I wasn't born here. I think he only sees the bad side of this country. I love this country and served in the Corps. If these people hate this place so much, we should offer an Immigrant exchange program that deports these people and bring in talent elsewhere that loves this country.

Anonymous said...

You are right on the money. This guy was my favorite rapper, but once he said that, i became so disgusted that i threw away all his cds and mixtapes. You said it best: I like lupe fiasco the rapper, but despise lupe fiasco the person. He is no longer one of my favorite anymore. He's an asshole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...