Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thank You Michele Bachmann!

Michele Bachmann has announced she is throwing her hat into the ring to run for the 2012 Republican nomination for President. Read the CNN article covering the announcement.

When I gleefully shared this news with my fiance this afternoon, he asked why I was so happy. He wondered if I was a fan of Bachmann and was finally coming out of the closet about it. I laughed because I realized he doesn't read this blog very much, so he doesn't know how I've had my fingers crossed she would decide officially to run.

I see her as a fringe candidate who's somehow gained legitimacy. She even says things every now and then that don't make me want to slit my wrists and hers. But the fact remains that she's just too loony to be elected President.

If she steals the nomination from Mitt "It's My Turn, I Deserve This" Romney, I'll be ever so happy. A few clips from the ridiculous-ness that's come out of her mouth ought to guarantee Obama his job for four more years.

Americans have a short memory, so they don't remember why this woman gained national notice in the first place. It was because she's f-ing crazy!

Don't believe me? Huffington Post has collected her 16 most unforgettable quotes/clips. You've simply got to go through all 16. Then you will understand my glee.

Because she's not just historically crazy. She's also currently very popular. The only thing that could make this better is if Sarah Palin also enters the race and splits the vote of GOP'ers who would vote for a woman. Actually, maybe that's not good. Because then Mitt might definitely win the nomination.

Things that make me go hmmm...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...