Thursday, June 2, 2011

Really Sarah Palin and Donald Trump?

Meeting for pizza in New York City? Really?

Sharing your thoughts about prospective candidates even though one of you is technically still standing on the edge of the ring hat in hand? Really?

Using "kind of" in every damn quote? Really? Is that supposed to be folksy or everyman?

Having your hairstyle be an integral part of who you are as a person? Really?

Seriously, these two bug me. Sarah Palin is on her bus tour across the country going to all these historic sites, but stopping for pizza at the Trump tower somehow fits the vision? I guess.

I suppose I'd do it if I were her. If she does declare candidacy, her only shot is to be backed by someone with deep pockets. And Trump is just batshit birther crazy enough to support that woman.

Those two love their publicity. And I'm unfortunately adding to it. Google is getting my stats. I read every article with either of their names in it. I guess I'm drawn to the still-surprisingly low depths they'll sink to.

Maybe they'll right a book. Then I'll have to read it and look at myself in the mirror and go, "Really?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...