Monday, August 22, 2011

Libya Free From Qaddafi?

According to breaking news on CNN.com, Libya is now under rebel control.

They've arrested a couple of his sons.

Obama made an official announcement on Sunday signalling his belief that Qaddafi was truly done as ruler.

All signs point to him being done.

I have to admit this makes me really happy. I first posted about the revolution in Libya on March 31st. It kicked off on February 15th.

Finally, after much fighting, it seems to have reached a tipping point. I feared it would never end. Libya is no Egypt and there was no way this was going to end as smoothly. But now, hope has returned.

So now, I wait and I watch. I look forward to the day when Libya is building a new future for themselves that doesn't involve anyone with the last name Qaddafi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...