Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Best Online Quiz Ever!

I wrote a post about an online quiz on my main blog. I haven't put the post up yet though. It'll be up in a few days. But in that post, I explain my love for online quizzes. I won't get into here again, but look out for that post on the main blog within the next week.


So, I've established (sort of) that I love online quizzes. I also love politics. I also love current events in the media. Imagine my joy when I came across this quiz in New York Magazine that combined all these things. It's called It's Time To Play "Sheen, Beck, or Qaddafi?" If you enjoy the craziness (and by enjoy I mean get a sick sense of observing cultures completely unlike your own) that comes from these three, try this quiz.


Why take this quiz? Have you been paying attention to the world in February? Glenn Beck is Fox News' latest talking head. Charlie Sheen tossed aside his career for a ride on the crazy bus. Muammar Qaddafi is standing in the way of Libyan revolution. He'd rather kill his people and go out in a blaze of glory.


Unless you spend all your hours surfing the web, reading Fox News, and constantly updating youtube, you will not be able to tell which guy actually said what for more than a handful of these. So I'm taking the quiz. Take it with me!


Statement #1: "I ask you to prepare because your world is about to change overnight."
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Glenn Beck!

Statement #2: "They have awoken a sleeping giant. If I'm misunderstood after yesterday, then people are worse off than I thought."
Who I think said it: Charlie Sheen
Who actually said it: Charlie Sheen!

Statement #3: "I will plant my flag on this, and I will fall on my sword if I have to!"
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Glenn Beck!

Statement #4: "I have no authority stemming from laws or decisions or anything else, I just have moral authority, I only have moral authority."
Who I think said it: Muammar Qaddafi
Who actually said it: Muammar Qaddafi!

Statement #5: "If you love with violence and you hate with violence, there's nothing that can be questioned."
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Charlie Sheen

Statement #6: "I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans...to walk with me side-by-side as march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong."
Who I think said it: Muammar Qaddfi
Who actually said it: Charlie Sheen

Statement #7: "I'm a guy that's riddled with flaws and by taking my flaws out and putting it in the refiner's fire and letting the bellows of life heat it up, I get the opportunity to pound on my flaw and try to perfect it."
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Glenn Beck!

Statement #8: "You want to call me crazy? Go to hell. Call me crazy all you want!"
Who I think said it: Charlie Sheen
Who actually said it: Glenn Beck

Statement #9: "They give them pills at night, they put hallucinatory pills in their drinks, their milk, their coffee, their Nescafe."
Who I think said it: Muammar Qaddafi
Who actually said it: Muammar Qaddafi!

Statement #10: "This march cannot be stopped by those agents, those rats who move in the dark."
Who I think said it: I didn't know. This one is hard. I'm gonna say... Muammar Qaddafi
Who actually said it: I was right! Muammar Qaddafi!

Statement #11: "I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground."
Who I think said it: I want to say Muammary Qaddafi because it sounds like what he's actually been doing in Libya, but I bet it's not even him. But that's still my guess.
Who actually said it: It wasn't him! It was stupid crazy Charlie Sheen. I should have known. I wanted to guess his crazy ass, but it didn't seem reasonable. I should have known not to apply reason unless I was sure of the answer.

Statement #12: "You need to listen to your parents. I people disobey their parents, the end up destroying the country."
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Muammar Qaddafi. Darn! It sounded so douchey. I wasn't thinking about these revolutions starting with the young people and moving up in age later. He probably said that earlier in February.

Statement #13: "The rain has begun to fall in the perfect storm. It has begun"
Who I think said it: Glenn Beck
Who actually said it: Glenn Beck! I'm glad I was right. That statement is douchey and doomsday-ish.

Statement #14: "There's a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins."
Who I think said it: Charlie Sheen, this shit is just too straightforward-ly crazy.
Who actually said it: Charlie Sheen! I was right. Dictators use code words for "I will kill you all."

Statement #15: "Forget BMWs and iPads and jewelry. Do you want to know what the next luxury item is? Believe it or not, orange juice."
Who I think said it: This sounds douchey and doomsday-ish. I'm gonna say Glenn Beck.
Who actually said it: Yay! Glenn Beck! Crazy ass.


How did I do? I got out 10 of 15. How did you do? I feel like I got as many right as I did for two reasons. I understand the odd mix of narcissism and nationalism that comes from Muammar Qaddafi. I also understand the douchey-ness and lack of understanding of American idioms that comes from Glenn Beck. I have to admit that I haven't been as voracious when consuming Charlie Sheen news, so I don't feel bad about incorrectly identifying his quotes.


That was fun! I'd love to see a quiz comparing crazy shit from other comparably crazy people. Though I can't think of any examples right now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...